Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default 2 light switches in a 2g plate

The question is why is it there to start with. I'm sure you have looked
inside, but I've seen some terrible things done, like whole lighting
circuits buried in plaster but still live etc.
Brian

There's been no shortage of electrical surprises in this house, but this
isn't one of them. I think the light in the entrance lobby and the
outside light were once controlled by the unused switches, but these are
now on PIRs from some (currently unknown) source. I'll sort it out when
I get to that part of the house, which won't be for a while.