Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring

Surely at low voltage these days, almost anything will work?
Even if they get wet the low voltage means that it won't cause any issues,
protected by some greased they last for ages. My father had some which were
crimped onto the wires back in the 1960s.
Bit like the powered plugs on disc drives but a bit more robust.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Theo" wrote in message
David wrote:
On my push bike I have a dynamo, which powers front and rear lights.
The rear light has a pair of spade connectors which can be used to wire
in
an extra light (if so desired).

What I am looking for is a weather resistant plug and socket which can be
used to plug in an optional additional light.

Waterproof plugs like this can be quite pricey. IP6x 'LED connectors' can
be a good option:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IP65-Wate.../123904613118?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Bla.../233297935662?

(as usual, available from many sellers)

A bonus would be if it came apart easily instead of breaking if the lead
was tugged.

There are magnetic USB-C cables, but they'll probably not be waterpoof.
Or
there's:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MagCode-m...r/312463519125

Theo