Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

On 09/12/2019 22:20, Steve Walker wrote:
On 09/12/2019 06:46, Richard wrote:
On 08/12/2019 23:21, Steve Walker wrote:
On 08/12/2019 18:02, Richard wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Richard wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â*Â* Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I remember having an apprentice, he was 21. We were hanging fire
extinguishers on the walls in a very posh accountants office. I
asked
him if he knew how to use a drill and a screwdriver. He said yes. I
left him to it. The next day I had to go back as what he had
done had
fallen off the walls. He made me look like a right ****.

Fixing something heavy to a wall is not something I'd leave to
anyone,
unless I was certain they knew how to do such a job.

A fire extinguisher is not exactly heavy.

That applies to all of them?

Any extinguisher that weighs too much for a person to lift is pretty
useless.

I have seen in films, larger ones on trolleys, that can be moved to
where needed, but not carried.

I'm guessing that they aren't wall mounted prior to being manhandled
onto the trolley.

Not wall mounted and not manhandled. I was thinking of old B&W films
with wartime aerodromes and the like. After I'd posted, I remembered
that I'd also seen similar at a company I used to work for in the '90s -
for when they were welding with portable sets in areas with a lot of oil
around.

A quick google brought up a current version https://tinyurl.com/wa2gpu3

Ah. That wasn't the mental image I had from your post.