Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Low voltage connector plug for cycle wiring

David wrote:
On my push bike I have a dynamo, which powers front and rear lights.
The rear light has a pair of spade connectors which can be used to wire in
an extra light (if so desired).

What I am looking for is a weather resistant plug and socket which can be
used to plug in an optional additional light.

A bonus would be if it came apart easily instead of breaking if the lead
was tugged.

More detail; I was considering having the extra light on a rear pannier
and being able to take the pannier off and disconnect the light, fit the
pannier and connect the light, and when I forgot to disconnect the light
when taking the pannier off the plug and socket would come apart without
damage (this assumes the half on the bike is firmly fixed, of course).

I thought that this kind of arrangement was called a snatch plug but
searching so far hasn't shown me what I was looking for.

Cheers

Dave R

Better by far to chuck the dynamo, (unless you are using the bike as an
exercise bike)they use too much energy.(put unnecessary load on pedaling)
use modern battery lighting