Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

In article ,
Richard wrote:
A fire extinguisher is not exactly heavy.

That applies to all of them?

Mine weighs 13kg.

13kg isn't what I'd class as excessively heavy. But then, it's our Dave.

Which says you have zero experience fixing things to walls properly. With
anything which is removed/replaced, there's more to the fixing than just
the static weight.

Oh dear.
Your "I know everything everyone else is thinking and doing" module is
malfunctioning again. Perhaps it's solar powered and requires your head
to be out of your arse occasionally?

And perhaps you'd find out exactly how much that extinguisher weighed
before attempting to fix it to the wall with your usual blu tack.

*I* certainly would.
YMMV
The post was about a person who did the job wrong when attempting to
install an extinguisher in an office. I had assumed that the job would
have been properly risk assessed and the selection of extinguisher was
appropriate for those who may have need to use it. I would also expect
the know all in charge of the inappropriately trained individual to be
aware of the limitations of his abilities.
FFS Dave, *you're* the one who always blames the management. Get a grip,
boy.