Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adam's apprentices

On Thursday, 5 December 2019 22:32:21 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 05/12/2019 22:16, Terry Casey wrote:
In article ,
says...

Why doesn't your boss give potential apprentices a simple test
to find out if they have even the slightest knowledge of the
subject they wish to be paid to learn about?

You'd get charge with discrimination :-)

I once asked one of them how old they were.

Just myself and him in the same room so nothing too complicated.

I think his answer was some sort of a question.

Me "How old are you?"
Apprentice "Who me?"

I order components for the studetns via an on-line order form,
when they come to collect their stuff I asked them who they are and most
have to check who they are via their phone.

It's easier just to not talk to some of them.

I've been asked to buy some compasses for the group of students because they haven;t got compasses (the sort that draw circles) why does a uni have to supply students with such things , some don't even have pens or pencils.

--
Adam