Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

In article ,
Richard wrote:
On 08/12/2019 14:30, ARW wrote:
In article ,
Richard wrote:
In article ,
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I remember having an apprentice, he was 21. We were hanging fire
extinguishers on the walls in a very posh accountants office. I asked
him if he knew how to use a drill and a screwdriver. He said yes. I
left him to it. The next day I had to go back as what he had done had
fallen off the walls. He made me look like a right ****.

Fixing something heavy to a wall is not something I'd leave to anyone,
unless I was certain they knew how to do such a job.

A fire extinguisher is not exactly heavy.

That applies to all of them?

Mine weighs 13kg.

13kg isn't what I'd class as excessively heavy. But then, it's our Dave.

Which says you have zero experience fixing things to walls properly. With
anything which is removed/replaced, there's more to the fixing than just
the static weight.

Oh dear.
Your "I know everything everyone else is thinking and doing" module is
malfunctioning again. Perhaps it's solar powered and requires your head
to be out of your arse occasionally?