Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

Richard wrote:
In article ,
Richard wrote:
In article ,
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I remember having an apprentice, he was 21. We were hanging fire
extinguishers on the walls in a very posh accountants office. I
asked him if he knew how to use a drill and a screwdriver. He
said yes. I left him to it. The next day I had to go back as what
he had done had fallen off the walls. He made me look like a
right ****.

Fixing something heavy to a wall is not something I'd leave to
anyone, unless I was certain they knew how to do such a job.

A fire extinguisher is not exactly heavy.

That applies to all of them?

Any extinguisher that weighs too much for a person to lift is pretty
useless.

Things seem have changed. Seems that a "modern" 3ltr extinguisher now has
the same fire rating as a 9ltr extinguisher. Personally I think that is a
load of ********, but I'm retired and don't really care anymore.