Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Adam's apprentices

tim... wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message
On 08/12/2019 14:30, ARW wrote:
In article ,
Richard wrote:
In article ,
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
I remember having an apprentice, he was 21. We were hanging fire
extinguishers on the walls in a very posh accountants office. I
asked him if he knew how to use a drill and a screwdriver. He
said yes. I left him to it. The next day I had to go back as
what he had done had fallen off the walls. He made me look like
a right ****.

Fixing something heavy to a wall is not something I'd leave to
anyone, unless I was certain they knew how to do such a job.

A fire extinguisher is not exactly heavy.

That applies to all of them?

Mine weighs 13kg.

13kg isn't what I'd class as excessively heavy. But then, it's our
Dave.

it's heavy enough to need secure wall fixings

tim

6ltr AFFF, about 8kg. This plonker had my fixing tool box with red
rawplugs/brown rawplugs/plasterboard fittings and different sizes of screws.
Very well organised. He drilled the holes, shoved a plug in there and used
a maybe 2 inch screw!!. Nobody had ever showed me how to do this, it just
was not all that difficult. The big cheese in the very posh accountants was
okay about it.