Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric switches

On Sat, 07 Dec 2019 11:10:02 +0000, Terry Casey wrote:

I wonder if that 'symtom' could not be very useful in some cases. For
example, my wife refuses to turn on a light at night if she is on her
way to the bathroom but there is some light - an orange glow from the
digital alarm clock and light in the hall from the smart meter sitting
on the ottoman and some light in the bathroom from the streetlights on
the main road about 150m away, but there must be cases where everything
is in pitch darkness.

We get enough light from the LEDs in the two smoke alarms on the landing,
and the 'pilot light' from the non-maintained emergency light on the
stairs. The bedroom is illuminated by the three LEDs on the phone!