Mr E

Default Eric Clapton gets CBE

PoP wrote:

I don't have sympathy for those within the system that know how to
bleed it dry and who live off the system. But I do have sympathy for
those who find themselves out of work through no reasonable fault of
their own. They are treated very harshly by the job centre, at a time
when their world is turned upside down trying to cope with financial
demands they can no longer meet.

I suppose that the hard-nosed decision by those in power is that they should
make it difficult to get unemployment benefit, because they assume that this
will put off those who plan to 'sponge' off the system. However it isn't
quite that simple, and I guess that those who are determined to make a
living off others will be able to find a way to do that; while those who are
genuinely in need are likely to be damaged by the experience of asking for
help, and are likely to give up.

John.