Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Very, very old photographic film

On Tuesday, 3 December 2019 11:05:04 UTC, Max Demian wrote:
On 03/12/2019 10:48, whisky-dave wrote:

Why should it have anything to do with her. ?

Corporate responsibility should be part of good customer service.

Has the film been stored correctly as in the temerature range (under 15C) some people especially non photogrphers using a cheap cameras might have stored the camera and film on the back shelf of a car in sunlight for a few hours or in any warm envioment, both before exposing and after wxposing, this can easily result in a colour cast or other damage such as contrast.
Film should always be kept in a cool dark place bith before and after exposure if possible.

Did she buy it from one of the local chemist or tobaconists that have it on show in the shop window brightly lit and kept warm for weeks on end until it was sold ?
I used to keep mine in a metal filling cabinet under the stairs which never went much about 16C even in summer, if I had my way I'd have kept my film stock in the fridge, but my mum thought the fridge was meant to store things like food and drink NOT film :-(

I did store some IR film in the freezer for a couple of months.

Even
if she had said it was because the film was out of date it would have
been something - though I don't remember whether she was aware of that.

--
Max Demian