Doug Miller

Default 2- vs. 3-prong outlets

In article , Suzie-Q wrote:
I have an old home that has mostly the 2-prong outlets (without the
ground). There are 3-prong outlets in the new add-on and converted
garage, but that's beside the point.

One of the 2-prong outlets is broken and needs to be replaced, but all
I can find *locally* (it's a small town) are 3-prong outlets. My only
question is, does anyone even make the 2-prong outlets anymore?

Yes, and most hardware stores will have them, even in small towns.

If your local hardware stores don't have them, try a farm supply store. Or ask
at the local Farm Bureau Co-op (they probably won't sell them, but they
probably *will* be able to tell you who does).