Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default anyone know of an auto-variable output sump pump arrangement?

In Clare Snyder writes:

Install 2 small sump pumps - one 4 or 5 inches above the other. The
low pump does most of the work, but in heavy water conditions the
second pump takes the excess. This is ONE place where a check valve is
mandatory unless you use 2 outlets (which is not a bad idea - because
if the main discharge gets plugged, causing the sump to overfill, the
second pump has it's own outlet and can still work.

Eyup, that's one of the methods I was considering... But again,
was thinking this is such a common situation someone, somewhere,
must be offering a ready made solution..

Thanks