Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default UPS'es, was: Generac Model 0065512 Standby Generator

In Clare Snyder writes:

The battery on my Sola 450 on the downstairs TV just went south so
it's riding bareback at the moment.

For the hell of it, try hooking up a 12V low amperage battery charger
to the bad battery.

UPS'es will often not charge the battery at all if the voltage
has dropped below (something like) 8V.

For that matter, "smart chargers" like the Battery Tender brandname
unit won't, either.

I've found that a good chunk of UPS'es with "dead batteries" will
work [a] if I take out the battery and dumb charge it a bit.

[a] by "work" I mean get a modest amount of run time from them.
Don't count on full cycling...