Posted to alt.home.repair
Tracy E HOFFMAN Tracy E HOFFMAN is offline

Default Mobil 1 oil and generator

replying to Rich, Tracy E HOFFMAN wrote:
I had met some chemists that work in the mobil 1 division and they told me
some interesting things about it, when it was first designed they tested it to
200,000 it never broke down they were going to market it at 100,000 mile oil
but the mfg got involved and they had to say follow mfg guidelines another
interesting thing I went on vacation in iceland and was looking at the oil
recommendation and it had a sticker on the motor mobil 1 only 50,000 mile oil
change, Im guessing maybe they do that for waste since its an island and cost
of disposal would be high

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-351473-.htm