Jake

Default How high can a garden wall between two houses be?

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:46:52 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for the replies.

If the wall is to form the boundary between the two properties, albeit
mostly on your side of the boundary, then you'll need your neighbours
permission on a signed proposal paper before you're allowed to build
anything. Have a look at the title deeds act. It says, in short, that the
wall would become the boundary formation and any dispute over its position
will have to be dealt with before any changes to the formed boundary are
made.

This is why you have get the neighbour to signed a paper that says they
agree to the changes and then they can't dispute it afterwards against any
deed of title to the land. I suppose it's a bit like signing a treaty over
a countries borders. :-)) Just make sure he's not the warring kind.

The wall I plan to build is only about 6ft long, and will be on my
side of the boundary (just). The side of the wall facing my
neighbour's land will be exactly the boundary line. The wall will be
entirely on my property (just). Do you still think I need my
neighbour's permission to build it?

my house
_____________________| - - - - - - - - - - -- proposed boundary wall

neighbour's house
"If I don't reply to your reply,
it doesn't mean you have won the argument;
it means I have better things to do with my time"...anon