Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default HELP! No propane getting to my gas fireplace

On Monday, December 2, 2019 at 11:37:11 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:
JanetAfterAll writes:
Hello!

I know other people have asked this question on this forum, but I don't see the answer to my particular situation; forgive me if I missed it.

.
I turned the gas valve in the fireplace from parallel to perpendicular.

In general, a gas valve is open when it is parallel (i.e. in-line with
the gas pipe) and closed when it is perpendicular.

And what does "I hit the pilot button" mean. Generally, you have to press
and hold the gas valve when it's in the pilot position to get gas flowing
to the pilot light. Then you have to light it and continue to hold for
30 secs or so, until it generates enough heat for the pilot light circuit
to keep it lit when you release the valve.