Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP! No propane getting to my gas fireplace

On 12/2/2019 11:05 AM, JanetAfterAll wrote:

I went to light the fireplace for the first time this season.

I turned the gas valve in the fireplace from parallel to perpendicular.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

- JanetAfterAll
Murrells Inlet, SC

Sounds like you turned that gas off, not on.

Which way is on for a gas valve?
The long side of your handle is parallel to the incoming gas line, which
means your gas in on and flowing. By turning the handle perpendicular to
the incoming pipe, you are closing the valve and shutting off the gas.