Joseph Meehan

Default repairing crack in drywall ceiling ?

Roger F. wrote:
The drywalled ceiling in my bathroom has developed a long crack along
one of the drywall seams. What would be the proper way to repair it.
I have thought about digging out the seam somewhat and remudding the
joint. Would it be better to retape the joint and apply mud again
over that? It would raise that area but if feathered out far enough
maybe it wouldn't show. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Step one, why did it crack. With out answering that one you should not
bother trying to fix it.

How new is the home? How long as the crack been there? Any other
problems in the area? Does it start near a door or window?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math