Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default Very, very old photographic film

On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 23:34:30 +0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 01/12/2019 21:57, Richard Donnelly wrote:
Hi Nick, sorry to hijack your thread, but I seem to remember I have an old Kodak camera which came in to my possession after he had passed away in 1997. In the camera I noticed a little while back that the film had only been half used. May decide to take it some where (if there is anyway that develops old 110 film) just to see what the pictures he took were....That is if they will still be in a state to develope.

I (rather foolishly) gave Boots a slightly out of date 110 colour film
to develop a few years ago and the prints came back purple. The girl in
the store refused even to apologise for the defect as she didn't think
it was anything to do with her.

Out-of date colour film is prone to colour casts though that sounds
pretty extreme to me given that even the oldest 110 film can't be that
old. As I said elsewhere, if the pictures matter to you, consider
scanning or printing in B&W.

Nick