Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On 12/01/2019 05:19 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 1 Dec 2019 13:56:12 -0700, rbowman wrote:

what I really liked in Ontario was the men only beerhalls.

They call those gay bars now.

I'm sure Toronto had those too. It might have been a difference
clientele at other hours but my crew and I would hit one after knocking
off for the day, tired and dirty. Most of the other customers seemed to
be working men too. A guy would circulate among the tables with a tray
of draft beer. He had one of those belt mounted coin machine to make
change. I don't remember there being any choice involved, you just got a
glass of beer whatever they were pouring. A woman could make it as far
as the vestibule but then she'd have to recruit a messenger to go bother
the old man.

You could find almost anything you wanted on Yonge Street but not in a
working man's slop chute.