Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On 12/1/2019 6:58 PM, wrote:

Isn't it better to man up and accept the consequences of your actions?

Just forfeiting the collateral to get them to ignore you to "failing
appear" seems like the cowardly way out. That is what you are doing
when you "pay a ticket".
I was standing there in front of a judge prepared to defend my actions
with the chance that I could end up paying more than the collateral on
the ticket. How much more manning up do you want?

Traffic court is a crap shoot. I've heard plenty of stories good and bad.

My favorite was years ago in Philadelphia. Must have been 100 of us
there hoping to get out of or at least a lesser charge. Door opens and
the bailiff announces: Court is now in session, the Honorable Judge
Whoever presiding. Judge sits and say "how do you plead: so every one
of us says "NOT Guilty" and the judge responded "Dismissed" I guess he
had an early Tee time.