Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Very, very old photographic film

On Sun, 01 Dec 2019 23:34:30 +0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 01/12/2019 21:57, Richard Donnelly wrote:
Hi Nick, sorry to hijack your thread, but I seem to remember I have an
old Kodak camera which came in to my possession after he had passed
away in 1997. In the camera I noticed a little while back that the
film had only been half used. May decide to take it some where (if
there is anyway that develops old 110 film) just to see what the
pictures he took were....That is if they will still be in a state to
develope.

I (rather foolishly) gave Boots a slightly out of date 110 colour film
to develop a few years ago and the prints came back purple. The girl in
the store refused even to apologise for the defect as she didn't think
it was anything to do with her.

I went to a place that just did developing, and explined the situation.
They took care and it was fine.

The story of the year-late processing is odd. I had taken a colour film
(this was years ago of course) and posted it in the box outside the
delivery office late one evening on the way past. I didn't receive any
prints and did the usual enquiries. Nothing.

Nearly a year later, the unprocessed film arrived in an envelope with a
short explanation. The postbox had been raided that night for valuables,
and the perps had been caught almost immediately. The film had been in
the evidence store until after the trial, but I wasn't told!