Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Nowell Lee Nowell is offline

Default House alarm upgrade

The software side of things I am fine with. The software architecture of the ESP32 is much better than the ESP8266. It is the hardware side that I am less comfortable with. Also, know very little about house alarms. The link I sent to the company website seems to have a board that you wire into the existing alarm system which allows the existing one to trigger the alarm. The board somehow piggybacks on this and gets notified when the alarm is tripped and also somehow enables the alarm to be set/ disabled via the board. The product selection wizard seems to talk about having a free keypad connection on the alarm.