Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Jointer table flatness

On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 12:14:05 PM UTC-5, Daniel Marks wrote:
replying to DaveH, Daniel Marks wrote:
I have been a machinist and also have been in Quality in machine shops most of
my life (I am old BTW), While I cannot find the acceptable specification
generally across flatness within .003 inches will not affect the flatness or
squareness of the product produced on your jointer. I would believe that .003
or less would be considered within specification at the factory as well. That
really is pretty flat for a ground surface. It is not aviation quality
perhaps, but fine for making great flat and square boards.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...ss-331193-.htm

"Pity the woodworker that ought to have been a machinist"
- Someone