Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default House alarm upgrade

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019 10:26:46 -0800 (PST), Lee Nowell
wrote:

snip

I'm about to put something similar together using a ESP32 SIM800L:

https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp3...-messages-sms/

Hi Tim,

Hi Lee,

You inspired me to do a little Googling on the ESP front. Not sure if you have seen this.....

https://github.com/konnected-io/konnected-security

No, I hadn't (so thanks).

It is ESP82660 based and they are porting to ESP32 but seems like this port will not be open source. They also sell kits but are US based...

https://konnected.io/

If you find out anything interesting or have a good path to explore, I might be interested in collaborating.

Sounds good. ;-)

In answer to your previous questions:

Like the idea of using and ESP32.

I have played a little bit with one and got it working (phone app
activated WiFi webserver) but was more interested in the very 'remote'
features of something that could send a text upon some specific change
of status.

I have done a bit of development using them so would be nice to include.

You could be handy to know then as the software side really isn't my
thing. I can copy and paste bits and sometimes join bits together and
make them work but only if I'm lucky. ;-(

How do you plan on integrating it with the alarm system?

FTF I didn't really got that far and step one was going to be a stand
alone thing to just notify me of any movement in the back garden (for
starters / testing etc), 'manually' linked to a remotely viewable CCTV
system.

Would be super cool to be able to control the the alarm via ESP32 too

Sure, and I have seen several commercial systems that can do such but
they never seem to tick all the boxes or be affordable if they do.

I was hoping (amongst the millions of other projects I have on the go)
to be able to put together a reliable, versatile and resilient system
that I could fix myself rather than just having to chuck a panel away
and buying another one and having to put up with it's shortcomings.

Cheers, T i m