Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Please face forward and hold the handrail

On 11/30/2019 12:16 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
Or the one who helped the lady sue McDonald cause she spilled hot coffee
on her lap and burned herself.

If you dig into that it's not as stupid as it sounds. The old lady
boiled her snatch, spent 8 days in the hospital, had skin grafts, and
was in rehab for a long time. She asked for $20,000 to cover the medical
expenses and McDonald's offered $800. Then it was off to the races.

Some of the frivolous suits start when a large corporation stonewalls.
They have a flock of corporate lawyers sitting around picking their
noses so it doesn't cost them much to bulldoze John Q.

The woman did something stupid. It was her fault.

Yeah, it was stupid to assume you could add cream in sugar to 190 degree
coffee without letting it cool down for half an hour.

I have a little sympathy since when I get a cup of drive through coffee
I'd really prefer to drink it now and not 30 miles down the road.

The stupid part was holding it between her legs while trying to pry the
lid off.