Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Leaking electric kettle

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 30/11/2019 14:44, Tuffy wrote:
replying to philipuk, Tuffy wrote:
What a disgraceful and irresponsible solution to this problem. We live in
disposable society and people like you exacerbate this issue rather than
trying to find a solution first. 'If it doesn't work ... throw it away.
If it
makes a noise ..... throw it away. If you don't like the color .... throw
it
away. We live in a throw away society where everything is replaceable and
nothing has any value. Sad.

I bought a Russell Hobs 'forgettle' in 1978 and used it until 2013 when I
replaced it with a £12 Wilko jug kettle (one where you can place it down
on the base any way round) which is much better. The RH had a slight leak
in the base but otherwise worked fine.

I also bought a toaster in 1975 for £10.50 and replaced it (when the
contacts failed) in 2011 with a Wilko £5 one which works fine except that
(unlike the earlier one) it doesn't attempt to toast second and subsequent
slices for a shorter time to allow for the appliance being hotter.

I don't feel that I have contributed to the 'throwaway society' in either
case.

But you have when you didnt repair them.