Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default key safe recommendation

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 22 November 2019 12:07:25 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 22 November 2019 11:53:57 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
I guess we'll just have to wait for finger print access to such things,
should be too long, suprised I haven't seen such a thing on dragons
den.

I believe that fingerprint readers can be fooled with either a latex
impression or a dead finger.

Some devices can the cheaper ones. But why are we seucuring the door from
others is the important thing here, and it;s not like no one has ever
gained access without the correct key to any place, it;s just what effort
you need to take to eliminate such a thing and in most cases I doubt many
people carry a dead finger around with them, or have access to the latex
and a suitable finger.
Face recognicion is another option, I've heard in the USA they are looking
into guns that can only be fired after face recogniction has been used.

implementing "owner" recognition for gun triggering has been considered by
military for at least 20 years.

It all fails to solve the scenario of what happens if trouper A needs to
"borrow" the gun of (dead/incapacitated) Trooper B in hurry, in a
battlefield scenario

tim