Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Damned lights.

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 22:06:52 +0000, Steve Walker wrote:

Ours comes on and stays on 24/7 if the power goes off for a second and
then comes back on (eg when the high-voltage feed to the village fails
*yet again*). I have to be alert to the problem, and turn the power to
the light off (turn off the lighting circuit MCB, since the lamp appears
to be hard-wired with no switch) and then turn it back on after a delay
of about 10 seconds. It is a confounded nuisance.

On the other hand, that is a useful feature for many people. I can
switch our front light off and on so as to "lock" it on while I do some
work on the car or just look for something in the boot. Similarly, I can
do the same with the garage light when I am cutting something outside,
in the evening. I specifically looked out for lights with that feature
as it is so useful.

When I fitted PIRs front and rear I used 2-gang plates, 1 switch via the PIR
and 1 that bypasses it. Just have to remeber to turn off the bypass!
As I wired it, I'm happy working on the fitting with just the 2 switches
off.
The lamps are about 9W R63 wide angle pointing downwards, so sorry, I won't
be dazzling you!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away