Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LG Smart TV constant reminders to retune

On 29/11/2019 09:23, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Andrew May wrote:

My one complaint is that every time you do a retune because of a change
to the channel line up you lose all your carefully configured favorites
lists.

Indeed you do. I have a spreadsheet which I keep up to date each
time, so recreating the list can be made more efficient.

I also take screen shots of the planned recordings on my tablet,
so I can reprogramme them again afterwards.

Yes. It is very odd that terrestrial TV requires frequent retunes and
loses even simple things like timer settings when it is done, yet our
satellite boxes (that replaced our terrestrial boxes) manage to not need
frequent retunes and to retain all the settings, even after a complete
re-install of the software! I have even recently replaced a very old
(from before we had the terrestrial boxes), failing box with a brand new
one of an entirely different make, with different hardware, connected
the old hard-disk and had it re-install the software, the tuning
settings, the UI settings, the timers, etc. from the old set-up - even
retaining the old MAC address, so my DHCP allocation remained the same.

SteveW