Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Damned lights.

On 29/11/2019 17:32, John wrote:
Who fits lights to this specification?

I want an outside light that is brighter than the neighbour's. I want it to
switch on whenever a car goes past or someone walks by.
It must be aimed over the heads of anyone approaching my doorway. Ideally
the light should flood into the windows of the houses across the road.

Yup, we've got one of those. To be fair it is only the range that is a
problem and it does get triggered by passing cars or pedestrians. The
light actually goes pretty well where it is wanted and is of a sensible
power.

I have to experiment with blocking off part of the sensor yet, to detect
along our driveway, but not outside - I'm waiting for a dry night, when
I've got a spare half-hour to do it.

SteveW