Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Xmas

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 12:45:12 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

snip

Ah yes, another thing. Trying to get any sense or anything done that
involves an office for three weeks from mid Dcember.

Offices or many companies or getting important stuff ordered delivered
etc. ;-(

"Sorry mate, we can't get that (critical) part in till after Xmas now
.... ".

And we have had the Internet and email / phones for years now ... why
to people still insist on sending each other bits of folded cardboard
(that are often heavily inked or covered in glitter and so not easy to
recycle)? ;-(

I used to find it interesting, being I was often in work over Xmas
doing IT stuff (and getting away from the crazies) to see all the
cards up on the desks owned by women and all the unopened cards in a
heap on the desks of men. ;-)

I think last year we got two Xmas cards. One was from the local Kebab
shop and the other a regular we get for someone who has never lived
here (but with no return address so we can inform them of their error
(from the writing it looks like they are quite old)).

It took quite a while and some effort to get people to stop wasting
their time and money on them for us and requested they put the money
for the card and postage into a charity instead (if they insisted on
doing *something*).

Some of the so called charity cards earn very little for the charity
(and none of the postage cost etc) and still use up valuable trees
etc. ;-(

Cheers, T i m