Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Xmas

On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 16:29:45 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

I watch the fireworks on telly, not sure I'll even do that this year.

I can help think of all the money going up in flames, the stress
suffered by all sorts of animals and the risk to person and property.

And for what? What adult hasn't seen fireworks before and what kid
wouldn't prefer getting a new game for their console (where the
graphics are far more amazing). ;-)

Working New Years Eve and New Years Day and will be up around 0600
both days. Also working Boxing Day, up about 0445 unless I travel
Christmas Day. The weather will play a part in that decision.

When you have the option to work and aren't 'into' the whole thing, I
quite like working when there is peace and quiet around (I'm talking
IT Support here). Not sure I'd want to be on Public Transport or any
of the Emergency services though, having to deal with people who
aren't responsible for themselves and / or don't respect anyone else.

This could be the new fireworks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDEEN4gcpI

Cheers, T i m