Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Damned lights.

On Friday, 29 November 2019 17:32:25 UTC, John wrote:
Who fits lights to this specification?

I want an outside light that is brighter than the neighbour's. I want it to
switch on whenever a car goes past or someone walks by.
It must be aimed over the heads of anyone approaching my doorway. Ideally
the light should flood into the windows of the houses across the road.

The builder fitted two outside lights - both sort-of fake half lanterns with PIR.

Luckily, they take standard lamps. So I replaced the 60W or 100W ones fitted with something like 2.5 or 3W. Then added two more of the same design to improve coverage. So a total of something like 10 or 12 watts.

And it is plenty of light to check the bins, walk safely, see someone coming up the drive.