Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default turkey sizes

On Thursday, November 28, 2019 at 8:07:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 11:00:09 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 11/28/2019 9:55 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
One of two things is happening. Either the price is going up or the
size is going down - or both.

In order to APPEAR to not being increasing prices they just sell you a
smaller bird. The bigger you grow a bird the more it costs per lb.

Sure that is the way it always works .

I don't mind paying more if that is what it takes. Looks like next time
if we go the same route we will need to put in for 2 turkeys.

I suspect the only problem is your shopping date (and possibly
location). Any sizable grocery before Thanksgiving will have a large
selection of all sizes from small to truly humongous...but pickings can
be fairly slim by the last couple of days before the actual day.

They're all priced by the pound with premiums for precooked, breast
only, etc, etc., etc., rather than just a plain whole bird.

They make turkey so cheap at thanksgiving, if you really like them you
should buy several and leave them in the freezer. They were 49 cents a
pound here.

A turkey is free here at Shoprite, if you spend $400 in about the previous
three weeks. It used to be just $300 until a few years ago.

And I agree with DPB, turkeys of all sizes are available at all the
supermarkets here, unless maybe if you wait until the very last day.