Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Getting stuck aluminium collar off a steel shaft

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:
Unless the fan itself is plastic, in which case it will be a mess.

A bit of oil down the grub hole and either end, then gentle tapping of the
spindle to see if it moves after a few hours. However if you have drilled
the grub screw hole, how are you going to re attach the fan to a new motor?

By drilling and tapping a new grub screw hole. :-)

Or by cleaning out the existing one, I haven't drilled it out so far
that the thread has gone, however I'm not sure I'll be able to clean
out the remains of old grub screw.

--
Chris Green
ยท