Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bill.shitner@gmail.com is offline

Default LG Smart TV constant reminders to retune

I think that this might be an LG-specific problem.

I bought an LG "smart" TV for the kitchen, a year or so ago. Already had a Samsung smart TV in the lounge. The LG got great reviews online, so I went with it.

I have exactly the same issues as you- almost daily prompts for retune or firmware updates, the need to go through a certain confirmatory sequence of selecting country/region etc. The Samsung needs a retune from time to time, but the LG asks for it far more frequently. I also dislike the interface on the LG, compared to the Samsung (e.g. YouTube is one of the selectable, built in options in the Samsung's main DTV screen, but with the LG, I have to choose the web browser and navigate to www.youtube.com

I wouldn't buy another smart TV without testing the interface in a shop.

Regards.

Bill.