Posted to alt.home.repair

Default turkey sizes

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 22:31:29 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article t,
says...
You didn't ask what size it was going to be before you ordered it?

Found their ad and it said 14 to 16 pounds.

That must be before cooking. I would not expect it to loose around 5 or
more pounds during the cooking.

They do inject a lot of water in them but I doubt it is more than a
few ounces. They will lose a lot of moisture cooking if it is not in a
bag and that 14 pounds includes the giblets, neck etc. I thought about
weighing the meat I got off my 12 pound turkey today but we were
already eating it. I usually do bone them out right after dinner tho.
The meat keeps better in the fridge in a zip bag than trying to cover
the whole turkey carcass and it takes up a lot less room.