Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default turkey sizes

In article ,
says...

They make turkey so cheap at thanksgiving, if you really like them you
should buy several and leave them in the freezer. They were 49 cents a
pound here.

You all are not paying attention. Just like usual.

The turkeys I am trying to get across are the ones that are already
cooked.

I put in an order for one at a restraunt a month ahead of time, They
cook it and I pick it up . Take it home and eat it.

Some clubs such as the VFW cook them and sell them on Thanksgiving and
Christmas.

Over the last 5 or so years they are getting smaller.

They are not cheap when you get about 8 pounds for around 30 to 40
dollars. Then never go in my freezer.
I cut off the meat of the one this year and got just under 7 pounds of
meat. That was including the legs that had the bones left on them.