Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default turkey sizes

In article , says...

I suspect the only problem is your shopping date (and possibly
location). Any sizable grocery before Thanksgiving will have a large
selection of all sizes from small to truly humongous...but pickings can
be fairly slim by the last couple of days before the actual day.

They're all priced by the pound with premiums for precooked, breast
only, etc, etc., etc., rather than just a plain whole bird.

It is not the shopping date. I am not getting the turkeys out of the
grocery store. The order was put in about a month ago.

Where I am getting them is already cooked and ready to eat (might get
them the day before and just have to warm them up).

They are comming cooked from places like restraunts and the clubs and
volunteer fire departments that cook them to help raise money.

They are all close to the same size at thease places. They just keep
getting smaller each year.

I weighed the turkey after I cut all the meat off the bones. It was
just over 6 pounds. I should have weighed it before I cut it off the
bones. The 2 legs still had the bones in them.