Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ray[_22_] Ray[_22_] is offline

Default House alarm upgrade

"Lee Nowell" wrote in message
Hi All

I have a Honeywell Galaxy 2 alarm system which is connected to the phone
line so that it can send SMS to me when it goes off. This has been a bit
flakey over the years.

Anyway, there are laying fibre in the street and we can get a pretty good
deal on a fibre connection directly to the property so am thinking of
getting it. I was going to get rid of my landline all together as we don't
use it but have just thought... This would bugger up the alarm. The fibre
supplier only have a VoIP offering which I assume will not work.

What are my options? I see they do a GSM module although unsure if my
exact model works with it. Is this the best option? Does it also require a
monthly SIM contract too?

Wonder if this is the trigger to upgrade to something more sophisticated
e.g. Maybe one that has a corresponding app on my phone I can control it
with or maybe link to CCTV (we have POE cameras) or something. Haven't
looked at this space in years so I'm sure there are some cool things these
days?

I'd go for this one myself. Much more convenient to be
able to check the camera to see if its a false alarm or not
and plenty of bandwidth with the new fiber service so
you can get a decent moving image from the camera.

Any advice pls?

Thanks

Lee.