Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default House alarm upgrade

On 28/11/2019 18:38, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi All

I have a Honeywell Galaxy 2 alarm system which is connected to the phone line so that it can send SMS to me when it goes off. This has been a bit flakey over the years.

Anyway, there are laying fibre in the street and we can get a pretty good deal on a fibre connection directly to the property so am thinking of getting it. I was going to get rid of my landline all together as we don't use it but have just thought... This would bugger up the alarm. The fibre supplier only have a VoIP offering which I assume will not work.

What are my options? I see they do a GSM module although unsure if my exact model works with it. Is this the best option? Does it also require a monthly SIM contract too?

Wonder if this is the trigger to upgrade to something more sophisticated e.g. Maybe one that has a corresponding app on my phone I can control it with or maybe link to CCTV (we have POE cameras) or something. Haven't looked at this space in years so I'm sure there are some cool things these days?

Any advice pls?

I have a Texecom Premier Elite alarm which has a wired connection to the
Internet. This gives me complete control over the alarm and
disagonotics from anywhere I can get an Internet connection. I get
emails if there are issues.

--
Michael Chare