Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Climate change: Greenhouse gas concentrations again break records

On 11/27/2019 7:12 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 18:49:21 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

On 11/27/2019 12:34 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

IDK where you live, but we are using it here and now. I see solar
roofs on homes all over the state. I see some solar energy farms too.
Funny, I thought the US was a world LEADER, not a last adopter.

I often wonder if the solar cells on homes will go the way of the solar
heaters about 40 years ago. People were installing things on the top of
the house to collect the heat of the sun. Seldom see any of those any
more and the ones that had them removed them when they needed to
reshingle the roof.

Some were putting in wood stoves and heatalaters. Many of those have
given up on burning wood.

Guy here had to take the installer to court because after a few years
the installed solar panels caused his roof to leak. We talk here about
shingles lasting 25 years or so. Does anyone in their right mind think
that solar panels will hold up that long?

The only way I would do this is put a new roof on at the same time as
the solar array and have the roofer seal up the mounting brackets.
There is a chance he might warranty the roof. Otherwise you own it. I
bet the solar installer would say an old roof was not sound before he
started.

The roof was not that old and the installation was guaranteed leak proof
and he had to sue.

You can see everything he

http://www.theitalianpalace.com/

I notice he has not updated lately. He is a computer guru and whole
house is completely mechanized including geothermal heating and cooling.