Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default turkey sizes

On 11/28/2019 9:55 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
One of two things is happening. Either the price is going up or the
size is going down - or both.

In order to APPEAR to not being increasing prices they just sell you a
smaller bird. The bigger you grow a bird the more it costs per lb.

Sure that is the way it always works .

I don't mind paying more if that is what it takes. Looks like next time
if we go the same route we will need to put in for 2 turkeys.

I suspect the only problem is your shopping date (and possibly
location). Any sizable grocery before Thanksgiving will have a large
selection of all sizes from small to truly humongous...but pickings can
be fairly slim by the last couple of days before the actual day.

They're all priced by the pound with premiums for precooked, breast
only, etc, etc., etc., rather than just a plain whole bird.