Posted to alt.home.repair
Grumpy Old White Guy[_3_] Grumpy Old White Guy[_3_] is offline

Default turkey sizes

On 11/28/2019 9:34 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 07:52:12 -0500, Bod F wrote:

On 11/27/2019 11:17 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Have the size of turkeys gone down in the last 5 to 10 years ?

For about the last 5 years we have been getting smoked/bar-b-que turkeys
from several sources. Some from a restraunt and some from places that
fix them for fund raisers, like the volunteer fire departments.

Each year they seem to get smaller. This year the one I picked up today
was not much larger than a good size chicken. The wife had to go to
the grocery store and buy another and cook it herself just so we would
have enough for 6 people.

Don't worry, the turkey still has plenty of residual growth hormones in it so you'll still gain weight.

Maybe that's why our is 23 lbs.

Your turkey hid in the barn last year...but they got him this year.

--
Get off my lawn!