Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default turkey sizes

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 07:52:12 -0500, Bod F wrote:

On 11/27/2019 11:17 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Have the size of turkeys gone down in the last 5 to 10 years ?

For about the last 5 years we have been getting smoked/bar-b-que turkeys
from several sources. Some from a restraunt and some from places that
fix them for fund raisers, like the volunteer fire departments.

Each year they seem to get smaller. This year the one I picked up today
was not much larger than a good size chicken. The wife had to go to
the grocery store and buy another and cook it herself just so we would
have enough for 6 people.

Don't worry, the turkey still has plenty of residual growth hormones in it so you'll still gain weight.

Maybe that's why our is 23 lbs.