Posted to alt.home.repair

Default turkey sizes

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019 at 11:17:23 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Have the size of turkeys gone down in the last 5 to 10 years ?

For about the last 5 years we have been getting smoked/bar-b-que turkeys
from several sources. Some from a restraunt and some from places that
fix them for fund raisers, like the volunteer fire departments.

Each year they seem to get smaller. This year the one I picked up today
was not much larger than a good size chicken. The wife had to go to
the grocery store and buy another and cook it herself just so we would
have enough for 6 people.

Families and holiday gatherings are smaller. People desire smaller
turkeys. The marketplace is responding to demand.

Cindy Hamilton