Posted to alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Useless things found on ebay number 437

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0bxm4jyvwdg98l@glass...
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 20:58:00 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0bxfwfhbwdg98l@glass...
On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 15:36:50 -0000, David
wrote:

On 27/11/2019 14:57, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 22:12:16 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Hang on, an Amazon Echo? Like the Alexa

Yep.

that spies on you?

Nope, just listens to you questions or commands
which have Alexa in front of them

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...eir-knowledge/

"Amazon employs thousands of people around the world to listen to and
transcribe recordings made by Alexa-enabled device users."

I've NOT signed that! ;-)

"The recordings are partially anonymized. They dont include a users
full name and address, but will be identifiable by their account
number,
first name, and the serial number of the Alexa-enabled device theyre
using."

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-...ews-29850.html

So not anonymous then. Your speech can be traced to you by an Amazon
employee.

Not if you want to remain anonymous. Trivial to
ensure that your account isnt identifiable to you.

And still allow Alexa to order you a pizza to your door?

No need to give it that info if you are that paranoid.

Something you cant do with your ANPR cameras.

I can change my reg plate easily enough.

But it knows when its a fake and can trivially
work out what the original plate was.

They can have a jolly good laugh at you saying naughty things to your
wife in bed.

Nope. There is no way that the audio can be streamed
full time and trivial to prove that it isnt being.

It probably stops when you're checking.

Trivial to check 24/7

Just like my Renault never lets me see where that mysterious 4 amps is
going at night.

Trivial to see where its going, you're
just too stupid to manage to do that.

They can then publish it somewhere and make an arse of you.

Nope, because that would blow their cover.

So you admit they're up to something.

Yep, supplying the info you ask for and doing other
funky stuff like reminding you when you ask to be
reminded and even getting real radical and getting
stuff you tell alexa to have delivered to you.

Would you buy a microphone, plug it into the internet, then let anyone
listen to you any time they want?

That isnt what echos can do.

Because that's what Alexa does.

Wrong, as always.

And you dont even get to choose not to buy it with
your surveillance cameras, even if you choose to
walk everywhere, you're still recorded. Thats how
we have the footage of everyone dying laughing
at your microdick when you are streaking, again.

There are **** all cameras around here.

Still plenty enough to keep track of your obscenitys.